PLASTREX is an innovative material with the properties and application opportunities which help it replace wood; and it is even more weather resistant and easily workable than wood.
At the first stage of production, plastic packaging is transformed into the raw material suitable for plastic production industry. At the second stage, the method extrusion is used to produce a variety of plastic profiles from the raw material. These profiles are widely usable in especially severe and resistance-demanding conditions which would make the service life of wood rather short.
- The further finishing of PLASTREX profiles is similar to wood: the material can be sawn, milled and screwed together; moreover, nailed joints are even stronger than those of wood.
- PLASTREX does not rot or absorb moisture and is easy to clean.
- PLASTREX can be painted and is weather resistant.
- The unit weight of PLASTREX is the same as that of wood, ca 0.6—0.7 per m³.
- The sphere of application of PLASTREX is impressively wide: garden furniture, fence modules, terrace subconstructions, flower and compost boxes, garbage container sheds, goods pallets, sandboxes, horse bays, farms, etc.
- PLASTREX is made from thermally treated food industry plastic packages and is absolutely free of toxic substances.